eCobalt is dedicated to the principles of environmentally sound mining and refining practices. We believe environmental stewardship and mining can co-exist.
The Idaho Cobalt Project (“ICP”), called the “greenest mine in America” by The Global & Mail, is an environmentally designed mine. This means that the entire process has been thought through in sustainable terms.
We won’t use open pits and we will operate on a zero-discharge basis with the water used in our processes, so there will be no degradation to rivers and streams. Any discharge that comes from our separate water treatment plant will be drinking-quality, as defined by the EPA. We will even use a process at our Cobalt Processing Facility in Blackfoot, Idaho that roasts arsenic out of ore and encapsulates it in glass, without any hazardous waste at all.
- Fully Environmentally Permitted - Final Environmental Impact Statement and Positive Records of Decision from both the U.S. Department of Agriculture National Forest Service and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency obtained
- Small Environmental Footprint - Underground project design
- 100% Reclaimable - Modest 135 Acre disturbance
- No Tailings Pond - Dry stacked tailings
- Flow Sheet Optimization - Reduced waste production and environmental footprint
Our Idaho Cobalt Project
will offer consumers a transparent supply of ethically sourced clean cobalt products, produced safely and
responsibly in the United States.